New Traditions Making Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cookies that Taste Good
Are you going to make Christmas Cookies for Santa tonight? I used to bake cookies every year when my son was young. Well, this year I tried something new. My son is working on earning his Eagle Rank, and he needs to earn the Cooking Merit Badge. He has to make a dessert. So, I decided that we would make Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies. We modified a recipe from ThisSillyGirlsKtichen.com. For all purpose flour we used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour. We even made our own Sugar-Free Powder Sugar with Truvia and Cornstarch. Of course, we used Saveur Foods Cinnamon Blend in our cookies.
The cookies turned out surprisingly well. My son enjoyed making them and said they are “Jason- approved.” These cookies may not be high enough in fat, but could be Keto-friendly. So here is a great cookie recipe you can make that is healthy for Santa. It will help him burn that belly fat and make it easier to get through the chimney to deliver those special toys and gifts for the kiddos.
The original recipe mentions many variations that you can make those as well. I did make a few with coconut flakes. Be creative. Oh, don’t forget the Hot Cocoa. I will be using Beyond Hot Chocolate which is Healthy Hot Chocolate.
Here is our Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe:
Modified from Dana at ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com
Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 24 packets of Truvia
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1-3/4 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
- 12 packets of Truvia
- 1 tablespoon Saveur Foods Cinnamon Blend
- Combine 24 packets of Truvia and ½ teaspoon of cornstarch to make sugar-free powder sugar. Blend it in a blender until powdery.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add the sugar-free power sugar made in step one until combined. Add egg, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Mix to combine. Add gluten-free flour slowly until fully incorporated, scraping sides as needed. Place in the fridge for one hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix 12 packets of Truvia and 1 tablespoon of Saveur Foods Cinnamon. Set aside.
- Roll into 1-inch size balls, about 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll until coated in the cinnamon Truvia mixture. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake. It is hard to tell when these cookies are ready. Theil will puff up but won’t get golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Here is the orginal recipe from ThisSillyGirlsKitchen.com
If you don’t have Saveur Foods Cinnamon Blend, stock up for next year, and don’t forget the perfect pairing for these cookies is Healthy Cocoa, Beyond Hot Chocolate.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas with you and your family. Enjoy!