Prepare a Turkey Rub from Saveur Foods
This year why not use prepare a turkey with a turkey rub from Saveur Foods Poultry Seasonings Splice Blend and Season Salts. You can use California Onion Mix for a sour cream for a dip, and Mulling Spice Mix in your warm apple cider. Right now this set is on sale in the Winter Holiday Gift Guide that includes recipes online.
Below is a Turkey Rub Recipe
- 1 14 Ilb. Turkey
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 4 Tbsp. of Saveur Poultry Seasonings Spice Blend
- 2 Tsp. of Saveur Season Salts
- 4 Tsp. of GF Soy or Tamari Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. of Ghee
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix Ghee, Poultry Seasoning, Season Salt and Soy or Tamari sauce together.
- Gently ease skin to push butter under the skin. Don’t tear the skin or your turkey will be dry. I found this video to show you what to do. Putting butter under the skin ensures the turkey meat will be moist.
- Rub Ghee Mixture all over the skin of the turkey.
- If you plan to stuff your turkey, do it now. If not, in the cavity of the turkey put cut a onion in half and add fresh herbs: Thyme, sage, parsley and a bit of rosemary.
- Put the turkey in the oven.
- Put a foil tent over the top of turkey to brown the turkey. Remove the foil after 1-1.5 hours.
- Frequently brush the turkey with excess juices.
- Cooking time varies. Total time could be 3 to 4 hours if the turkey is stuffed. Non-stuffed turkey will take approximately 3 to 3.5 hours.
- A whole turkey (and turkey parts) is safe when cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Allow the turkey to set 20 to 30 minutes before carving to allow juices to saturate the meat evenly.